6 Ways Students Can Join National GIRLS WHO PRINT Day
Did you know that graphic arts educators around the country tell me that 60-80% of their students are now women? The reason most of the women in the photo to the left were doing the work was simply because the men were all away at war.
We love the enthusiasm and energy that our graphic arts students and educators bring to National GWP Day every year. In the past, we've had large groups attend. While there have been budget cuts in many schools that will keep educators from bringing their students this year, there are still some great ways for the students to be part of what we're doing:
1. Coming to Chicago? Great!! Find us in the Printerverse, Booth 4267! Come listen to our educational sessions for FREE, and prepare some questions for our "Meet the Mentors" panel on Tuesday, right after lunch.
2. Can't make it to Chicago? No problem! You can watch everything via live streaming internet broadcast.
|Click here to watch and participate LIVE!|
Last year, some of the instructors actually broadcast the mentoring panel live in class and had great discussions. THIS year, we'd like you to do the same thing, but prepare questions and submit them live while you're watching!! Click on the image below to watch the recording of the 2013 panel discussion, and it will give you an idea of what we do! YOU can be part of this no matter where you are!
3. Download your free GWP Day 2014 poster and hang it EVERYwhere!
4. Plan a GWP Day party with your classmates!
5. Take pictures or video of your party and broadcast them via Twitter and Facebook! #GWPDay14
6. Take a field trip to a local print shop. (Stop for ice cream when you're done!!)
No matter where you are, you are part of the celebration. Come up with some great ideas and send them to me! I've had videos, posters, banners and letters from GWP celebrants around the country, so join the crowd, and don't let your location keep you from celebrating with the women in our industry!
Peace. Love. GWPForever!